Christmas Cups

So many 'how-tos' but the directions are mapped in 'Why' shape
I noticed a lady with a passion for buying something new,
try on a few mistakes - loose or fit
soon claim it to be hers with a label of guilt on,
the new will wear off like old news,
stick your guilt in every new
soon the guilt becomes your old unwelcomed friend
but I am not here to judge

truthfully, I am missing that passion
because I felt so empty that day - no emotions
not even a worry
That day I understood,
worrying actually makes you feel alive,
so next time when worry walks up to my door
there will be a welcome mat on the floor

we were on the top floor parking with no views
in my town, we get the whole view of my town
but I was here only for a few hours,
so the guy was nice enough to hold the lift for us
you will miss the nice gesture if you don't pay attention
so buy that trust by paying attention
currently, this is what I am missing
currency to pay attention
currency and passion
I keep forgetting to put it in practice
but I did say thank you to that guy
and at that moment
that was enough


orange hot chocolate was sweeter than I thought it would be,
maybe I needed it
to compensate for the bitter truth bearing its tongue out
I know everything is temporary
I hope this temporary is contained in a takeaway cup
so I can dump it in the next bin
soon after it finishes its purpose in my life
Indeed, it is that time of the year,
cosy Christmas huts,
it is hard to imagine Christmas without cold,
just like it is hard to imagine that this takeaway cup is only here for a while
cause right now it is taking away all of my attention for what feels like an eternity,
I don't want to chuck it away yet because it is still half filled,
I don't want to waste its effort,
because I know in some part of the world
they celebrate Christmas in summer,
I know they celebrate Christmas without the cold
and I know one day I will be joining them

but right now, I am choosing to walk with my Christmas takeaway Cup
merrily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Save that Dance

Sisters of the World

helpless Town and its Mayor