Scooter ride

I stopped at the traffic light, above all the dancing of dirt and dust
my heart was singing Adele
I wanted to wrap myself in my hometown glory
so I wouldn't have to leave
not this time
We were warriors waiting for the whistle to go
our mission as vain as the making of the road,
but we knew how to swim through the dirt and rise like a dust
and hurry our way to the same old same old
Somehow we were always late,
then we would stack our backseat with excuses and some stories of fate


the day before, I fell from my scooter
My aunt is fine
Arise and shine, she says
Bible sees her face every day
I didn't think much about her life before
The only Man in her life would take care of her I thought
but when she was sick
there were no bigger hands to give her a care
Days get old
and the stories get told
she had pizza and I had dumplings
that moment was the only youth that we would ever share, 
her faith strong but her beliefs naive
I didn't say a word
cause, after all, she was the one who taught me how to pray!


My last night: heart, veins, and a sample of metaphors
they said go where the wind blows,
but I was riding faster than the wind 
making sure that the metaphors won't bleed, 
all the colours of the wind chased me through the night
I lost my voice the same night
as if my body didn't know how to say goodbye
yes Bob goodbyes too good of a word
but how can this farewell be fair
when I couldn't say a word
my voice knew I didn't want to leave
not this time
and not the last time




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Save that Dance

Sisters of the World

helpless Town and its Mayor