Save that Dance

You said you have no sympathy for the ones who danced with death and lost! Usually, there is no mourning for their loss, so tonight I want to hear about their deeds. I want to hear all about their hidden battle that they thought none of us could comprehend! Tonight, I am ready to stand in their shoes and practise this dance because a few years ago when your favourite rapper was on the stage where he performed for the last time, I could not dare enter this studio on my own! This studio is the only place where I always run to and none of my demons can enter when I lock its door but that night my hands were shaking and I left the door open letting the invisible in. I could picture his last dance and none of it made sense to the world... At the time, it didn't make sense to me either! No matter how painful the practise, no matter how regretful the dance, we always had to put our best foot forward...That's what I always thought because that's what my father taught me. My father, too, never had sympathy for those who danced with death and lost!

A few years later, when I first met you, your favourite actor performed his last show. His stance was confusing as he stood more on his fictional character which was not love and was more of cathexis! Conspiracy theories came creeping in and I am left wondering “Was it all his lover’s fault?” So, I  wanted to see from his shoes. I wanted to walk in his views and that's where my path found you… 

The second time I met you, you said your paintings are abstract- about death speaking to you, I wondered if you ever painted potraits of your favourite rapper or your favourite actor… but you didn't ask for my number or my insta, so I am left wondering if you would try walking in their shoes with me and would your sympathy lend its hand towards early morning empathy? If the final dance could release the painful pressure piercing from all directions, I say I will attend their final show even if it's incomplete and even if it will leave me with my own doubts dancing on my one shoulder… who knows until when? Maybe till forever!

Real-life forevers are not fantasy. Real-life forevers are dark and dusty, but, now and then, you meet someone who is not afraid to learn about their dance with you. Now and then, you meet someone who actually paints about the chances you will miss when you try to learn their steps and, now and then, you meet someone for the third time. Someone who interrupts your daily dance and holds you in between their ribbed beliefs and September's sympathy, where you feel safe to conquer the invisible and you both wait for the sacred dance... together! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

helpless Town and its Mayor

Sisters of the World