Spaces and Summer 2018


It started off with staff training, vegan pizza, and hay fever.


"Summer - when the skin gets darker, hair gets lighter, beaches, sands and blah blah blah!"


But my summer included

buildings and rooftops,

two trips to Christchurch,

Candy floss sky, spontaneity and you on my front door



Rooftop with an old friend

This rooftop is different

because the only sound you hear is of the space you stand in

and the great view of sunsets were the ones from when I walked home all alone

you still get that heart goosebumps,

I brought that same goosebump to the Downs,

last time we couldn't stand still

but this evening it was different

with pink sky caressing my thighs, prayer and a slight hunger.

This time

the sky belonged to the sea

Your prayer belonged to the wind

and the wind belonged to me



I didn't know then,

the days ahead of me

I will get to fulfill my childhood dream

on a road trip to countless music, turquoise river and massive pavements.



Drizzled Swiss Chocolate over our day

we packed our comfort zones.

I thought we would get a whole view of Europe

from the Top of the Europe,

but we didn't.

Mountains of Morning

Tall but always humble enough to lend us its snow.

My sister and her fractured joke

and the wind had fractured the time

somehow,

we were still moving

booking the bedsheets and borrowing the town's time

we had the privilege to be tourists

for a couple of days and some more...



Next morning

I watched 3 gentlemen taking the trash out from Reuss river

It was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen

Morning ally ways are different

with takeaway coffees,

rushing footsteps

and greetings of youth

whereas

evenings are vulnerable

like the time on a rooftop

or the times of hunger

but that evening we did drink tea!



I skipped the part in Paris

because it was not raining when we were there

and I have only heard about Paris in the Rain...



Anyways after the mellow morning sight

we got the free parking to Mt Pilatus

unlike the top of Europe

we could see the whole view of the city

as you stand on the top

you somehow feel grounded

So, thank God for the mountain top

and the night full of glorious stars when you came to drop me off!



The floating prayers always remind me of home,

 quickly, the calm breeze whispered in my ear

"you are Home"

and it swiftly made its way as if it had thousand other ears to whisper to

the goosebumps were back, swimming in a lake with a mountain view

My heart was breathing

it didn't try to understand

it just felt.



We headed towards Innsbruck

no services in between

they honked at me as I was taking pictures of the pine trees

my only concern at that moment was

hoping they didn't disturb the trees.



We walked 36 minutes to the golden roof

still, the mountains wouldn't let me go

and a group of students asked me some questions

to which I was the perfect answer

because I was just a visitor

And to me

it brought back memories

of the same summer

with some other visitors



Rice, crystals, and inspirations

I was just grateful for the arts and new moments

but every moment is new

so I was just grateful for every moment.

Simple math but to this day it is a mystery

Where did we lose our key?

After missed flights, long train rides, and Ira's kind eyes

I got back with a different key



Black cones

and icecream bridges

selection of souvenir

the parking time ran out

so I had to run empty-handed



we didn't go for a walk that evening

instead, we laughed at our 'key mystery' and ate homemade food!



Last country on the list, waffles, and guitar

My brother slept on a balcony

a boat ride and searched bathrooms

We waited for his friend on the same balcony

This time I did get a souvenir

and returned home fully!



We visited our dad

Our mum visited us

but I didn't get to say goodbye to you

and the key is still a mystery

My sister started a new semester

and I am

Still

Here

This time, I am surely Here,

Cleaned my wardrobe twice

cleaned my sister's wardrobe once

cleaned everything understairs

got rid of unwanted things

so there remains a space to think

so there is just



space



Sometimes in between these spaces

I think about You and me

and what could have been

but you didn't stay

So I burned these spaces

and I drank tea as I watched my feelings swirl in a smoke...



Now, it is somewhere out there



Floating

And I thank God it is not in me.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Save that Dance

Sisters of the World

helpless Town and its Mayor