Cosmopolitinism

'Chup... Chup...' says this tiny petite figure sitting on my dinner table with those capable eyes too curious to lend her view to me.

I was complaining about the other person, but she would not have it.
Her: How would you feel if someone did that to you?

Her thoughts straight as the sound made by birds found me when I was lost in the maze of making my own mark. I still don't know what she was doing in the same maze so I keep asking her 'what are you thinking about?' She says we met before but I guess I was on my own phase trying to figure out if the other person needed more help than me...

But I remember on the bus back from Winter Wonderland when the lady sitting behind us didn't care about what we were talking about, but we were too loud to give a damn about what she didn't care about. So, we ran laps around the same bus from China to Vietnam, from Vietnam to Slovakia and from Slovakia to telling the truth. All the while, the lady behind us just wanted to sleep. I guess the world can be unfair in that way but everyone has to get off from the bus at some point.

When writing a poem to Izzy, 'I am not on your poem' you complained, but you fool, you were in between every baby blues, shortening my speech: lengthening my meaning, your blue thread stitched on my favourite starry humour which I carried with me all the way to Lisbon and brought it back to my blog. So don't tell me you would have done things differently if you could.

You were paying for my dinner and I was paying for your brunch but I also paid attention to how well you took care of your friends. That time I admit I thought you were nearly as cool as me when you brought packed dinner, notes for supervisor and all your capabilities.

Always listening to every point of view. The only thing that I have seen you getting angry at were those races of weeds growing in between the concrete of our one local garden but Amsterdam has its reputation and you are well aware of that. But you are not from Amsterdam at all. Oh well... same same but different. Same as 'Africa is a country' and 'UK acts as a continent'. Same as when one of the ladies asked me if I spoke Chinese because 'Asia is China'. So in Sintra when I was asked- "where are you from?" before thinking twice I blurted out "China". 

The other time, my friend's flatmate told me: you guys dress well. So, it was just more than a compliment because apparently, I represent more than myself, I guess that's why I always think you are from Amsterdam rather than from Netherlands.

You want your hair lighter and I drink apple cider vinegar in the morning to flush out all the illusions of differences between yours and mine. It is time to sweep out all the imagery, the ideology, the incapability from each one of us so we can all come clean. I don't want any one of us to turn sour anymore. So, this time at least: "can you tell me what are you thinking about, please?"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Save that Dance

Sisters of the World

helpless Town and its Mayor