Home town glory

Safely wrapped up by the hills,
she lacked patience,
calling every number she had,
but the numbers always stuck in traffic.
the only rule
that ever applied...

And I?
I was grateful for the time spent alone
safe cab rides back home,
when the same hills showed up for me,
I couldn't help but walk down the aisle of my heart,
In the midst of the April
to the shoulder of Blue mimosa,
I was happy to be Here,  
Here at Home.

she was somewhere else, always.
walking down the aisle of your mistakes.
April had a different story for her
but the hills have seen it all before
all she was trying to do 
was make a Church out of you
And every time she tried, 
she lost pieces of herself

And I?
I never want to
lose myself again!
All I can do is pray
that she finds her Home
not of someone else
but of her own.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Save that Dance

Sisters of the World

helpless Town and its Mayor