Happiness is simple

I got inspired to write after a long time... I was walking back home from the gym. It was foggy and not that cold. I like this kind of weather in winter. The street lights seemed cozy! I felt so happy. I am actually really happy these days and I thought I would share it authentically this time because there were times I would hold back in sharing how happy I was! As I mature, I am really understanding that I cannot delay my happiness. I don't have to save my happiness for some hypothetical future that does not exist. So, I just felt happy not because of anyone or anything. I felt happy just because!

After my 'dark days' in Eastbourne, I came back home. If I look back at it there were many good things but emotion-wise I was feeling all sorts of things, most of all, I felt so alone... So even though I was there only for two months I felt like I was there for quite some time! I always compared my situations with others and felt obligated not to feel sad because there are so many others who have it worst. In reality, my circumstances and my experiences are for me to go through and it is for me to grow through as well. I learned not to be ashamed of my 'dark days' anymore. It is important to accept your 'dark days' and it is equally important not to dwell on it. Accept the sadness, feel it and let go of it so you can make room for happiness. You never know when happiness will find you, it could find you in simple chores like when you are walking back home :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Save that Dance

Sisters of the World

helpless Town and its Mayor