April Fools

April fools day and the only gift I ever received was ‘stay there’.
Everybody wanted to go home. 


I didn't imagine life to be this way - none of it.
By now I thought I would have figured it all out. 
I am drinking tea here and the cardamom on my tea leaves a trademark on the conversation we had; it reminded you of your mother. 
I was happy that I could remind you of home because I was lost on the 24th floor, in between the laws and the temporary visa, you always made me laugh. I lost my earrings too.
I am sorry for the way I left, nobody taught me how to leave before…
My focus was that my dad was not around. 
All the while my mum made dinner for the whole village and my appetite didn't acknowledge her. 
Every time I embark on a journey to find myself, I feel her warmth and unconditional love.
I am thankful, always. 
Thank God, it's not too late. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Save that Dance

Sisters of the World

helpless Town and its Mayor