lost cause

I wanted to impress you when you made a hurtful comment about the way I washed my sorrows and drained my insecurities... it wasn't clean enough for your newly dressed fears.

Hurt always feels familiar.

I always thought you were cool
I wanted to be like you and liked by you.

I didn't know you were lost.
you were ruling out your fears so effortlessly,
I wanted to walk on your footsteps!
I guess I never forgave myself for abandoning my true self
so I was bitter with you
when you bought all the meals, even though I was always hungry
the void was not on my stomach, it was on my sleeves.

I never admitted it but I was full of fears
that's why you hear me chanting all the names of gods
I am petty, I am scared and I am not proud of it
Neither do I want to hide it.

They say "you can't fight a war by ignoring it"
I was ignoring myself for so long
armies of my anger always showed up
but I didn't want to face the truth
instead, I traveled 10,000 miles to set myself free

Now, I am tired
I am letting my armor down from my sleeves
I want to meet you in your insecurities
silence is not the solution
I don't know all the answer
I want to see you free first,
free of all your fears
so we can meet once again
once again for real.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Save that Dance

Sisters of the World

helpless Town and its Mayor